3/09/2016

Mothers - “It Hurts Until It Doesn’t” (Official Video)



Band To Watch Mothers released their debut full length, When You Walk A Long Distance You Are Tired, last month after putting out a steady stream of excellent singles. Their first was “No Crying In Baseball,” followed by “It Hurts Until It Doesn’t,” which Mothers are premiering a video for today. Kristine Leschper shot the footage herself, and describes it as an ode to her cat Casper, who is featured in some of the band’s press photos and sadly went missing back in December:
“your cat is a friendly brother
who would offer his heart with allegiance
and if he could talk we’d be best friends
the only friend he has is his food”
– vashti bunyan, prospect hummer

Casper has been missing since the 30th of December, but I still find his hair in my bedsheets. He was as sensitive as I was. When I walked to work in the morning, he would follow until we approached the highway, where I bullied him into turning around. He got into fights with the other cats, never could quite settle down. Last winter in a house without central heat I was doing everything I could to let the depression and anxiety finally win. Hardly more than a vague blur, this footage is the only remaining video I have of my best friend, who was so often the only thing keeping me rooted in reality, feeding me optimism, helping me survive.

0 diners / comensales:

Publicar un comentario