11/16/2015

Empress Of - “Icon” (Official Video)



A couple of months ago, Empress Of released Me, a very good album of auteurist pop music. And after giving us a vivid, memorable music video for “Standard,” she’s got a new one for the blippy, contemplative “Icon.” The new video works as a sort of ode to solitude, with director Eli Born filming Lorely Rodriguez in an autumn forest and on a busy New York street, soaking up sunlight and dancing to whatever’s playing in her earbuds. On the video, Rodriguez writes, “I found a cinematographer that I loved and we just talked to each other for a couple of weeks. It was this kind of co-direction, we talked about what the song meant, how I wanted it to look, where we wanted to shoot, and how we would get the feeling of the song out of these locations. It was by far my favorite music video I’ve made.”

0 diners / comensales:

Publicar un comentario