5/21/2015

Heather Woods Broderick - “Wyoming” (Official Video)



The lead single off Heather Woods Broderick’s new solo album Glider, “A Call For Distance,” is sprawling and pristine, loping through New Age, jazz, and folk with ease. Broderick followed it up with “Wyoming,” an even more expansive, woozy song that evokes the flat, hot plains of its namesake state. My mom grew up in Sheridan, Wyoming, so we visited there once when I was really little. Since I was raised in Oregon, it was shocking to me that I could see flat, arid land stretching on for miles all around, with no mountains, trees or bodies of water in between. “Wyoming” taps into that beautiful rural desolation, building to almost a wail at the end. It’s such a gorgeous, fuzzed-out reflection on a lifeless landscape; she manages to capture the beauty and harmony of the desolation as well as the loneliness.

0 diners / comensales:

Publicar un comentario