9/19/2011

Hugh Laurie- The whale has swallowed me



Hugh Laurie Gets Bluesy in 'The Whale Has Swallowed Me'

You probably know him as TV's Dr. House, but Hugh Laurie has other extraordinary talents besides diagnosing mysterious illnesses and playing a legendary ass.

'Let Them Talk,' the British actor and musician's debut album, is a romp through New Orleans jazz-infused folk and Mississippi Delta blues -- a genre Laurie has treasured since a young age.

"My reverence for this music is bordering on the religious. It means a great deal to me. Just to give you an example of it, on the first day we were going to record, it suddenly hit me I needed to work out what I was going to wear," Laurie recently told Spinner. "I thought, I can't do this music in jeans and sneakers. It doesn't feel right. So I went in wearing a suit and tie."

This suited sincerity has since spilled over into Laurie's new video for 'The Whale Has Swallowed Me,' a languid jam through Delta frustrations and biblical thoughts.

The Joe Henry-produced 'Let Them Talk' is available now via Rhino Records.

Via: http://www.spinner.com/

0 diners / comensales:

Publicar un comentario